Breakfast: 2 x baked eggs with bacon
Lunch: steak, sauerkraut, grilled tomato, large flat mushroom
Supper: crispy duck with salad and tzatziki
Snacks: dark chocolate; baked apricots and raspberries with yogurt
Beverages: lemon juice in water (1), black tea & milk (several), coffee with cream (1), water (2), night time tea blend (1)
In the kitchen:
- Curing: belly pork (making bacon)
- Fermenting: transferred sauerkraut into jars which are now in the fridge
- Air-drying: leg of pork (making air-dried ham)
In the garden:
- turning compost and setting up new bins. I went out into the garden early (before the rain arrived) to turn over of the contents of one of the existing bins. The two new bins arrived earlier in the week but I hadn’t had the opportunity to get out and set them up. I transferred the contents of one of the existing bins into one of the new ones to aerate it and then almost refilled it with new material that had accumulated over the past few weeks. It started to drizzle just as I was finishing turning the compost and was raining by the time I had put the pile of garden waste into the bin. The second new bin will be used to turn the contents of the second old bin in a few weeks time. The plan is to cycle the bins around and have 3 bins in use at any one time, with compost in various stages of decay, and a ‘spare’ bin to use for turning.
Lift heavy things:
turned over a bin full of compost!
- 30-up single leg preparatory exercise
- 100-up minor
Sleep/Rest: 5 hours
Sunlight: No. We’ve had 1 month’s rainfall in 1 day!
Avoid trauma: Yes
Avoid Poisons: Yes
Use your mind:
- researching taurine
- went along to Wellsprings Aikido training session to take some photographs for them
Primal Challenge (avoid using p.c. after 7pm): Yes
Anne’s Primal Challenge (100-up): Yes