Psychologists have aggregated the five basic requirements for office workers that, if neglected or missing, can trigger worker dissatisfaction and comprehension problems:
- Need for change (in temperature, air, scenery)
- Ability to interact with the physical environment (beyond drink from the water fountain, use the toilet, and open doors)
- Meaningful stimuli, lack of stagnant, unchanging environment (like a cubicle)
- One’s “own territory to provide safety, an identity, and protection”
- View of or access to the outside
In How to Take Your Work Outdoors Mark Sisson gives some practical suggestions for working outdoors.
Poole Park has free WiFi access.