Breakfast: devils on horseback, raspberries and blueberries
Lunch: rump steak, grilled tomato, peas from the garden, sauerkraut, mashed squash
Supper: crispy duck salad
Snacks: strawberries from the garden, 2 truffles from my Easter egg (only 4 left), beef jerky
Beverages: lemon juice in water (1), black tea & milk (several), coffee with cream (1), water (several), dandelion tea (1)
- picked peas
Watching the pennies:
Sainsbury’s selling crispy duck kit for half price – half a duck for £4.49. I ditched the pancakes and hoisin sauce and served the duck with a mixed salad. There was enough meat for 3 but we polished off the lot between the two of us!
In the kitchen:
- Curing: belly pork (makin’ bacon), leg of pork (making air-dried ham)
- Fermenting: sauerkraut
In the garden:
- Picking: peas, strawberries
- Planting: courgette, climbing green beans
Move around a lot at a slow pace: 2 hour walk
Lift heavy things: shifting watering cans
- 30-up single leg preparatory exercise
- 100-up minor
Sleep/Rest: circa 6 hours sleep
Sunlight: Overcast but did get plenty of daylight
Avoid trauma: Yes.
Avoid Poisons: peas
Use your mind:
- Bumped into a former colleague of PrimalMan’s down at Baiter Park. Had a tour of their motor home and caught up with their news.
Primal Challenge (avoid using p.c. after 7pm): No – it was 19.05 when I turned the box off.
Anne’s Primal Challenge (100-up): Yes.